Portland Japanese Garden is a natural vehicle through which to explore Japanese art and design. Art exhibitions explore ideas and aesthetics integral to the fabric of life in Japan. Introducing a wide array of artists and art forms, these exhibitions will reflect on ways we experience peace through connections to art, nature, and one another.
Masks are optional in all our indoor spaces.
Current Art Exhibition
Portland Japanese Garden is delighted to welcome internationally acclaimed artist Jun Kaneko (b. 1942-). Garden of Resonance will showcase works spanning Kaneko’s celebrated career ranging from large, outdoor installations to his paintings and other works on paper. Juxtaposed alongside the stunning foliage of the Pacific Northwest, creating a backdrop of constantly changing color and texture, this exhibition will offer a transformative experience to visitors of all types, while bringing out the best of what makes this Japanese garden truly special.
Explore Previous Art Exhibitions
2021 Art Exhibitions
- Ukiyo-e to Shin Hanga: Changing Tastes in Japanese Woodblock Prints (11/20/21 – 1/30/22)
- Painting Paradise: Art of Daisuke Nakano (6/12/21 – 7/18/21)
- The Gates of Hope: Connecting Cultures (4/24/21 – 5/31/21)
- Ishimoto Yasuhiro: Architecture + Nature + Culture (2/18/21 – 4/11/21)
- Healing Nature: Gardens and Art of Manzanar with photographs by Ansel Adams, Dorothea Lange, and Toyo Miyatake (12/4/20 – 1/21/21)