Tours are available with general admission or membership and are led by our passionate, trained volunteer guides. Whether it’s your first or twentieth visit, tours are a wonderful way to better understand and appreciate our garden spaces.
- Tours are available weekdays at 10:15am, 11:15am, 12:15pm and 2:15pm and on weekends at 12:15pm and 2:15pm.
- To ensure the Garden remains tranquil for our visitors, tours are limited to 10 people and reservations are required.
- Tours take place outside in the rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- Tours last approximately one hour.
- Meet your tour guide in the Tateuchi Courtyard at the “Tour Starts Here” sign in front of the Ellie M. Hill Bonsai Terrace.
- Tours start promptly. Late arrivals will forfeit their tour reservations. Please make sure you give yourself enough time to find parking and enter the Garden. We recommend 30 minutes.
- Tours are subject to volunteer guide availability. You will be notified by email in the event your tour is canceled.
- For questions please reach out to our Tour Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-542-9154.
Group Sales / Group Tours / Guided 2-12 School Tours
Temporarily suspended until further notice.
Portland Japanese Garden is pleased to offer accommodations for accessible and inclusive visits. The Cultural Village, upper Flat Garden, and the Pavilion are accessible for patrons with mobility impairments. All restrooms have accessible stalls.
We will do our best to accommodate your needs when you arrive. We need, however, 2-3 weeks advance notice for some specific requests. Please email requests to email@example.com or call 503-223-9233.