Tours are available with general admission or membership and are led by our passionate, trained volunteer guides. Whether it’s your first or twentieth visit, tours are a wonderful way to better understand and appreciate our garden spaces.
- Tours are available at 10:15am and 12:15pm Wednesday-Monday.
- To ensure the Garden remains tranquil for our visitors, tours are limited to 10 people and reservations are required.
- Please limit your tour reservation to no more than 5 tickets per party to allow for other guests to enjoy the tour.
- Tours take place outside in the rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- Tours last approximately one hour.
- Meet your tour guide in the Tateuchi Courtyard at the “Tour Starts Here” sign in front of the Ellie M. Hill Bonsai Terrace.
- Tours start promptly. Late arrivals will forfeit their tour reservations. Please make sure you give yourself enough time to find parking and enter the Garden. We recommend 30 minutes.
- The Garden opens for general admission at 10:00am. For guests who want to join the first public tour of the day at 10:15am, please pre-purchase your tickets for a 10:00am entry time.
- Tours are subject to volunteer guide availability. You will be notified by email in the event your tour is canceled.
- For questions please reach out to our Tour Coordinator at email@example.com or 503-542-9354.
Private Guided Tours
Private guided tours with trained volunteer guides are available for groups of 15 or more at a discounted rate.
Guided 2nd to 12th Grade School Tours
The Portland Japanese Garden requires all visiting school groups grades 2nd through 12th grade to have a guided tour of the Garden and offers a special discounted rate for students and chaperones.
The Garden offers discounted admission tickets to groups of 15 or more who would like to visit the Garden without reserving a guided tour. These groups must book at least a week in advance to receive the discounted rate.
Portland Japanese Garden is pleased to offer accommodations for accessible and inclusive visits. The Cultural Village, upper Flat Garden, and the Pavilion are accessible for patrons with mobility impairments. All restrooms have accessible stalls.
We will do our best to accommodate your needs when you arrive. We need, however, 2-3 weeks advance notice for some specific requests. Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-542-9354.