Reminder: An admission ticket for Portland Japanese Garden entry is required to visit the Umami Café. Reserve tickets for Garden entry by clicking here.
The Umami Café provides a place for you to relax and refresh while at the Garden. Here, you will experience the pairing of world-class Japanese tea with traditional gracious, attentive service, and delicious edible delights.
With a design reminiscent of Kyoto’s Kiyomizu-dera temple, the Umami Café floats over the hillside and provides views of the area’s natural beauty. Tea is provided by the Tokyo-based Jugetsudo tea company, while light snacks come from our partnership with Japanese food company, Ajinomoto as well as several local Japanese confectioneries, such as Yume Confections and Behind the Museum Café.
- The Umami Café is open from 9:00am – 4:30pm (last seating is at 4:00pm)
- Members only between 9:00-10:00am
· Walk-ins are welcome, reservations are encouraged.
· Reservations can be made up to 10 days in advance via Tock.
· An admission ticket for Portland Japanese Garden entry is required to visit the Umami Café.
· We recommend reserving your Garden entry time at least 30-minutes earlier than your Café reservation to ensure you make it to your booking on time.
Click the below button to view the full menu.