Due to the popularity of our International Japanese Garden Training Center’s Garden Workshops, we have introduced a lottery system for purchasing tickets. This process is intended to provide equal opportunity for members to participate in workshops.
Here’s how it works:
- Dates for workshops and their respective lotteries will be published in the Garden Path magazine.
- Throughout the year, members will be notified in the weekly This Week email about the lottery opening for each Workshop.
- When the lottery window opens, a link will appear on the event listing on the website to submit a lottery bid.
- Each individual member will have one week to enter.
- Only one submission per member will be factored into the lottery, and each member can only purchase one ticket. If you have a membership with secondary members listed, they should enter their own submission to be entered into the lottery.
- After the lottery window has closed, members will be selected at random and our events team will call you at the phone number listed on your entry to complete your purchase.
- If you are unavailable when we call, a message will be left and you’ll have 72 hours to respond and purchase your tickets.
- Once the workshop is full, those who were not selected will be automatically included on a waitlist in the order determined through the lottery and will be notified via e-mail. If there is an opening, you will be contacted via phone.
If you have questions regarding the workshop lottery process, please contact Director of Membership, Megan Adams.
Golden Crane Society members will continue to have early access to workshop registration. For more information about the Golden Crane Society, please contact Director of Philanthropy, Claire Eisenfeld at email@example.com or 503-542-0281.