Please note that the Garden is closed on the following dates (in addition to our regular Tuesday closures): 9/29, 9/30, 11/23, 11/24, 11/25, 11/26, 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/24, 12/25
- Wednesday – Monday: 10am – 5:30pm (closed Tuesdays)
- Wednesday – Monday: 8am – 10am (closed Tuesdays, no member hours)
- Gift Shop and Umami Café open at 9:30am for members only. Please make a reservation for the Umami Café for a table during member hours of 9:30-10am.
Senior (65+): $16.25
Student (with ID): $15.25
Youth (6-17): $13.50
Child (5 and under): Free
*During the summer season, we are offering a $2 discount on admission tickets from 4-5:30pm.
Tickets are non-refundable. To request a ticket exchange, click here. Tickets can only be exchanged up to 24 hours prior to the original date and time (no day-of exchanges).
- Mask Policy: Masks are required at the Garden (indoor and outdoor) regardless of vaccination status.
- Construction and Road Closure Notice: Portland Water Bureau’s Washington Park Reservoir Improvement Project is conducting construction from Sept. 7 – Oct. 1. Visitors should expect restricted access, detours, potential delays, and extremely limited parking. Avoid parking headaches and explore the many transit options to and around Washington Park here.
- Building Repairs: We are currently conducting some repairs in the Cultural Village, so the Jordan Schnitzer Japanese Arts Learning Center and Fukuta Concierge Desk are temporarily closed. Thank you for your understanding.
- Special Tickets: If you have any special tickets such as promotions that need to be redeemed, please come see us at our Welcome Center for assistance. These types of tickets cannot be reserved in advance online.
- Tripod Fee: There is a $10.00/person charge for using a tripod for anyone who is not a Garden Member.
- Accessibility of Garden: We also provide a discount for visitors who are unable to see the entirety of the Garden due to accessibility. For a map of our pathways, please see here. For more information on accessibility, see here.
- Group Tickets: At this time, we are not able to accommodate groups or families larger than 15 people.
Arts for All
Portland Japanese Garden is a proud participant in Arts for All, making the beauty and serenity of the Garden accessible to low-income families and individuals who receive food stamps (SNAP).VIEW MORE INFORMATION