Plan your visit:
Book your ticket before you arrive
- Skip ticket lines
- Avoid having your preferred entry time sell out
- Enhance your visit with a free public tour
Wednesday – Monday: 10:00am-3:30pm (closed Tuesdays)
- Last entry is at 3:30pm, guests have until 4:30pm to enjoy the garden spaces.
- Garden closed to the public on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s
Gift Shop: 9:00am-4:30pm
Umami Café: 9:00am-4:30pm (last seating at 4:00pm)
- Garden admission or member reservation is required to visit Umami Café.
- Reserve a table ahead of your visit
Wednesday – Monday: 8:00-10:00am (closed Tuesdays, no member hours)
- The Umami Café opens at 9:00am for members only. Please make a reservation for the Umami Café for a table during member hours.
Senior (65+): $18.95
Student (with ID): $17.95
Youth (6-17): $15.95
Child (5 and under): Free
Tickets are non-refundable. To request a ticket exchange, click here. Tickets can only be exchanged up to 24 hours prior to the original date and time (no day-of exchanges).
- Rose Festival Fleet Week (June 7-11): Free admission for all active military personnel. To receive free admission, active members of the military must show a military ID, discharge papers or other official military identification.
- Veterans Day (November 11): Free admission for active military personnel, military veterans and their families who accompany them on Veterans Day (Saturday, November 11). Families of deployed military personnel also will be given free admission to Portland Japanese Garden. Veterans Day at the Garden is sponsored by The Oregonian in 2023.
- Special Tickets: If you have any special tickets such as promotions that need to be redeemed, please come see us at our Welcome Center for assistance. These types of tickets cannot be reserved in advance online.
- Tripod Fee: There is a $10.00/person charge for using a tripod for anyone who is not a Garden Member.
- Accessibility of Garden: We also provide a discount for visitors who are unable to see the entirety of the Garden due to accessibility. For a map of our pathways, please see here. For more information on accessibility, see here.
Arts for All
Portland Japanese Garden is a proud participant in Arts for All, making the beauty and serenity of the Garden accessible to low-income families and individuals who receive food stamps (SNAP).VIEW MORE INFORMATION